I hunted a 30,000 acre ranch north of Emmett Idaho for a couple of decades. I took the cow boss's kids bird hunting on Thanksgiving day. One day I get stopped by this young man and he starts giving me hell for trespassing. I tell him I have permission from the owner and have hunted here for decades. He yells that's all over and I'm not welcome here. So I drive over to the cow boss's home and asks what's up? He tells me I spoke with the owner's new son in law and the kid has dreams of turning the place into his own hunting business. Cow boss tells me to just ignore him and go hunting and if he jumps me again tell him you want to drive over to the owners with him to clear it up. Cow boss also says he'll guarantee the owner likes me more than the new SIL. I never went back, it was a great place to hunt but I didn't want to stir up family business.

Was hunting 1/2 mile from my home, lying in a cut corn field with hundreds of ducks swarming the field. It was tough shooting only one at a time. Land owner's son comes storming out and chews my ass. I tell him I had spoke with his Dad that very day and had permission to hunt there. The son was fuming so I said okay I'll leave, pointed at my house which was clearly in view, and told him to stop by if he had a problem with me. When I spoke with his Dad he apologized for his son's behavior and said it was best I didn't hunt there again.

Was hunting the section in which my home was located and had permission to hunt there. Got stopped by a guy telling me I was trespassing and had to leave. I asked him if he owned the land, he said no but knew who did. I asked who was the owner and he gave me a bogus name. I suggested we go talk to Dwayne, the owner, about this guy claiming to own his land. We parted ways fairly quickly.

Same one mile section: I carried a range finder to verify I was hunting outside the safety zone. Had a Karen come out screaming at me to leave. It went on for a while and I told her to call the authorities and we could discuss her unlawful interference with my legal hunt. I waited around and no one showed.

Finishing on a positive note, the land owner adjacent to where I hunt stopped me in the field one day. Asked my why I had never asked to hunt his property and I explained his concrete ditches and farming practices were too modern for pheasant habitat. He went on to point out he had another piece of land with lots of birds but they were building a development next to it. Next time out I was over with my range finder and killing birds.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein