Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
No caps either but their were common options:

1. face a doorway and bend over to be hit full swing with those large wooden T Squares resulting in you landing face first in the outer corridor
2. sliced across the back of the fingers with the sharp edge of a 15" ruler
3. Caned across the open hand or wrist if a bad shot, using solid cane with the ends burned to prevent splitting - 2 for minor issues, 4 because the teacher loved the power or 6 which was maximum by school regs. (Heard of student canned 6 times and marched around the building and canned another 6) Even had a metalwork teacher once, short stumpy bloke who stood on a chair or stool and jumped off to maximize the power of the stroke when caning.

If your hair touched your collar you were suspended until it was cut. This was basis high school.
It was called discipline and the alternative was always pain. But it did teach me that people in charge were not always right or honourable.

Bingo.

and the spelling police (the American variety) will be along shortly to tell you there is no "u" in honorable. (It's even underlined in red on my screen)

Don't worry, it happens alot with our Canuck friends too.

I know English, I am still learning American........The English language was dumbed down in the US in the early 1900's because the immigrants struggled with it. Check it out.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.