Dad tells the story of the new history teacher who came to town. He was a Marine and always wore a big Marine Corp ring. If the guys got rowdy he’d turn his big ring upside down and smack the offender on the top of the head with it. Until one day when a repeat recipient of this treatment decided he’d had enough. He’d grown up in a rough household and could take care of himself, he gave the teacher fair warning that he wouldn’t do that again or he’d make him regret it. Teach smiled and rared back to pop him again when the guy came out of his seat and proceeded to whip the dog piss out of the teacher.

Teacher resigned immediately, they suspected out of embarrassment.

I got plenty of asswhippins at school, standard practice was 2X the number of swats at home as I earned at school. And I’d encourage the administration to keep my boy in check to a point. But actual physical beatings are over the line. Some of the stuff you guys describe getting from your teacher or principal would have me up at the school wearing somebody’s ass out if it happened to my kid.