If you have "bearddruff," dryness/brittleness, I believe a good quality beard oil is your best bet. I can certainly "wash & go," but my beard looks like hell if I do so. I hate the fact that I have to care for my beard, but it's better than having to shave all the time.

You'll probably read that you need to use beard shampoo, which I think is a crock and just another way to get you to spend money on products. I just wash normally with soap, I don't use any special products, but sometimes I will use tar shampoo on it to help control the dryness. I then dry it lightly with a towel then comb it out. I then use a round brush to blow dry it straight (I resent the hell out of having to use a blow-dryer because it's F'n gay). My beard is about 4" long and curly and if I skip this step, it shrinks up and looks terrible. Once it's straight and dry, I use about 10-12 drops of unscented quality beard oil and work it in by running my fingers up through the beard. I really dislike scents, so I always look for unscented (I plan to try straight 30 weight motor oil next.) Then, I shape it again with my hands and comb it out again, if necessary. If you want, you can then put a bit of that scented bag-balm that you ordered on, but just a bit to hold the shape.

Sounds like a PITA and it is, but the whole process can be done in a few minutes once you get it down.

Trimming is another issue, entirely.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/15/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue