Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Do not know about "in it". But it will fit on it.

Lay four 2x4s across the bed rails. Screw 2x4s down along the right and left sides to build a pallet. Screw 2x4 #s 7 & 8 on edge so they lay against front of bed and tail gate to prevent pallet moving forward and back.

Lay furniture blankets between pallet and painted bed surfaces. Set shredder deck on top of pallet. Anchor firmly with ratchet straps. Haul as many hundred miles as needed without putting a scratch on that pretty baby pickup.

You could do that, and it'd work, but you won't have any paint left on the bedrails when you get home. Matter of fact, there's about a hundred ways you could haul that bush hog in the truck bed but none of them involve not [bleep] up the paint job on that silly mexican cruiser truck.

Or he could borrow a 5x8 utility trailer of which every self respecting redneck within a three state radius of Tennessee has at least one to haul his 4 wheeler. Lay a 4x4 across the side rails near the front and another farther back, set the bush hog on top of it and ratchet strap the heck out of it. Pull said trailer home while listening to obnoxious boom boom music and eating 7 eleven taquitos.

P.S. The tailwheel does have bearings in it (remember to keep them greased), but pulling it home on the tailwheel for 100 miles at highway speeds ranks up there as one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Got a 5x8

A 14x5

And a 20 footer

Don’t want to haul a trailer out on the interstate. Don’t have ‘tags’ on my trailers and had a thing with highway patrol about that.

Then I got a topper on my Super Duty

a few considerations

I don’t want to haul a trailer from the Ky state line to Huntsville Ala for this as stated. I’m GTG around town and no law dogs hassle me locally.

Maybe I misspoke on those tail wheels having bearings. Not sure about this new rig.

Our King Cutter set up on our Kubota is set up with bushings like this one.

Oh btw, cmon, someone else suggested the absurd notion of hauling it down the highly in jest. At least I hope they did.

https://www.brokentractor.com/p/king-kutter-rotary-cutter-tail-wheel-hub-191100-191100/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]