I honestly just saw that myself. Thanks for pointing that out. You have to wonder what happened to the original stock as the rest of that thing looks right. I'll tell you that is on my watch list.

I am looking for another 375. Even the one's that look OK, when you talk to the seller they didn't put that they were glas bedded or what the length of pull is on it. Heck half of them aren't near the shop and can't answer any questions. I got a pretty nice one but you never know, might find a better one. I have a 1959 but it has all old features except the ramp is soldered (factory) it has the broach cut rectangular sear hole, flat sided bolt sleeve, all the good stuff. About 100 rifles later is when they made the changes. It does have the roll over sight as that changed pretty early in the 1950's with a heck of an overlap with the Lyman 6W on the base. I am looking for a 1952 or 1953 hopefully with a Monte Carlo. I want an integral front sight ramp and have it marked 375 H&H Magnum not 375 Magnum.

There is four (now three because of this one!) that I am interested in and can't get an answer until the end of month on two of them, one supposedly tomorrow. That guy was at a gun show all weekend with the 375 back home. Heck we haven't had a gun show here in over a year! For the record I am made in 1956 as well. The vision (and other things) aren't what they used to be. I studied and studied that thing.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member