HalC,

I can't send you a PM, probably because you are a new member.

Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Savage 29s. Several years ago I bought a 3 gun lot at an auction. (I bought it because one of the guns was a pre-war R in virtually mint condition, .250-3000.) One of the others is a Model 29 (no suffix), serial number 128221. The serial number is followed by a superscript L. It is pretty much a parts gun - no buttstock or forearm and is missing the rear sight elevator. It is also missing the screw or pin that secures the magazine to the bottom of the barrel. Other than that I think it is all there, but whether it all works or not I don't know.

At the time I offered it to GeneB, but he wasn't interested - for reasons not related to the gun itself. I don't know whether this 29 breech block will work in a 29B. Hopefully Gene can chime in. I have no use for this gun. If you can use it, I would send it to you for the cost of shipping. (Since it includes the frame, it would have to go to an FFL. Frankly, I'm not crazy about selling just the breech block. I'd rather get rid of the whole gun.)

P.S. I can see how your father lost the breech block. I took down the gun while writing this, and the breech block just fell out of the receiver.