Texas man who stormed Capitol accused of threat to shoot children if they turned him in

Court documents recounted the man's telling his children that he would consider them "traitors" if they contacted authorities.

Two days after Guy Reffitt joined the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, federal officials said, he returned home to Wylie, Tex., and proudly told his family of his escapade. But by Jan. 11, when Reffitt learned the FBI was on to him, he changed his tune, according to an affidavit.

“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors … traitors get shot,” Reffitt, 48, said to his son and daughter, according to his wife, who recounted the conversation to the FBI, which did not name the relatives.

On Saturday, the FBI caught up to him. Reffitt, an oil worker with ties to self-styled militia and right-wing extremist groups, was arrested and charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly threatening his family and unlawful entry into the Capitol........

.......Reffitt’s wife told the FBI that her husband is “super passionate” but didn’t believe he would act on his threats. She added he “did not indicate regret or take anything back,” according to the affidavit.

In an interview with KXAS, Reffitt’s son, who is 18, said his father has become increasingly obsessed with politics over the past four years. His son blamed President Trump for manipulating his father.

“I love him but I hate him,” he said of his father. “I don’t really know him anymore.”

Upon his arrest on Saturday, Reffitt told agents he brought a disassembled pistol to D.C. and that he attended the Capitol on Jan. 6, but “did not go inside.”

It is not clear who is representing Reffitt or when he is due in federal court.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?