Yes I have and they are great. More power then you need, but so what? "Overgunned" is not a problem if you shoot well. I have killed a large number of deer and antelope with rifles far more powerful and no game ever because un-dead after I killed them because others thought my weapon was too powerful.

It's been over 35 years, but when I used them in 4 different 7s I never had a complaint. I have used both the old 175 gr RN and the spire points to kill deer from all these: 7X57, 280, 7MM Rem Mag 7MMWeatherby Mag.

In addition I also killed 2 elk with them, one from the 7X57 and one from a 7MM Weatherby. On elk they may be in "2nd place" as compared to a 175 Gr Nosler Partition because they might loose the core on raking shots, but that's theory only. From what I've seen there is no complaints to be lodged by me.

On deer I doubt you would ever recover one, so I am of the opinion they are fully as effective as Partitions on any game up to about 300-350 pounds because once you get good expansion and 100% penetration with an exit, the hole is made. It's the bullet hole that does the killing, not the bullet.
Now I could be wrong because I have not killed truck-loads of deer with them, but unlike Rick300 I had all mine exit. After a bullet exits it really doesn't matter how much it weighs. It left a hole clear through and that's as good as you can get.

I think if you try them you'll love them too.

Last edited by szihn; 01/23/21.