Judman:

Between this and the SWFA threads, it appears that you're fishing pretty hard.

I know I'm not the "Big" fish you're after, but I'll tickle the bobber a little.

I've ran both the SHV Forceplex and MOAR, and NXS MOAR's. I've also ran 3-9 HD, 6x and 10x SWFAs. I like them all, and they've all been top notch as far as reliability.

I like the glass, size, toughness, and looks of the NF SHV; and while I've never had an issue with the turrets of an SWFA ghost turning, the capped set up of the SHV does eliminate one more thing to check before taking a quick or close jump shot, if that's a consideration for the rigs it's on.

As far as reticles, I do prefer the mil quad to anything NF offers, and I don't find it slow or cumbersome to use; in fact, I find that often I don't bother dialing in the field, but viva la difference. Maybe it's because I used a mil-dot Leupold that couldn't be trusted for dialing for a long time.

I've dialed and hunted a Forceplex SHV a lot and don't/wouldn't feel like I'm missing out that much if I was constrained by horrible circumstances to use that scope for all of my big game hunting. On max X the duplex junction is 2.5 moa, which works as a nice reference for wind holds when dialing.

Seeing as how you like a duplex and SFP, as it seems you already well know, it's tough to beat the NF. We've dialed a bunch on a few of the Forceplex SHV on some heavy recoilers and have yet to experience or hear of any hiccups.

I'll add that I've been running a SWFA 1-6 HD on a 375 h&h, and I've found it to be much more useful than a SFP duplex for both close and long range shots. On 1.5X the doughnut is like a large peep; very quick and intuitive. On 6x you have the great Milquad for longer shots. The turrets can be run capped or exposed, and you get 10 mil per turret rev. I have 1 in my safe to mount on a 300 yd ML. The illumination is very well done.

Last edited by Starbuck; 01/23/21.