Originally Posted by Starbuck
ND:

We've joked that the 1-6 HD SWFA should be called the 1-2 or 6; as you've pointed out, the middle X's aren't the best. But, it still serves a purpose for a rig that is intended for close up shots, but might also see use on longish shots.

Bleed through - I haven't noticed this being an issue on my examples.

Zero stop - With 10 mil per rev, on the rigs I use and/or intend to use them on, I haven't found the need to go more than 1 rev; as such, I haven't found the lack of a zero stop to be troublesome. But, I can see the need of a guy was going to run it with exposed turrets and spin more than 10 mils regularly.

Daylight bright - With the heavy doughnut and or the Milquad on 6X, I haven't had the need or desire to use the illumination for anything but the margins of the day.

Mushy turrets - I agree with you there; it's not an NF, or even a Classic. I was weaned on Leupolds, so maybe I've just been conditioned to accept mushy turrets. However, they have tracked well, and overall I'll accept the mushy turrets so long as they continually do what they're supposed to.

For now, there's a few rigs in my battery that might get switched to the 1-6 as I like what they have to offer for certain situations. However, I'm never afraid to upgrade or try something that fits a niche better, so I'd like to read about scopes that you've found to be a better option.

I was excited to pick up an NF NX8 1-8, but the reviews seem to be less than stellar.

better for what?

i won't pull some bs and quote 87,000 rounds down range on multiple samples of every single LPVO ever made

but i've owned over the last decade or so.

swfa 1-4 classic and HD (classic still on the 22lr but the eye box sucks and the mag rings the wrong way) hd is pretty tanky for a 4x and it's pretty long and had the dumb donut, not daylight bright )

swfa 1-6. already covered.

bushnell 1-6.5 and the 1-8.5 (8.5 is a beast and still has wonky reticle and not daylight bright) see below for 1-6.5

vortex razor e 1-6
viper 1-4 (didn't seem very durable not daylight bright ez flip)

nightforce nxs 1-4 (pretty good scope, not stoked on 4x, probably shoulda kept it)
borrowed and mounted my buddies nx8 1-8 for a month this year.

and then a fair bit of borrowing at ranges and on hunts
swaro 1-6 (did not like the reticle for my use, don't trust swaro on durability)

trijicon 1-4 (chevron is not a good reticle for my use)

my aunt worked at eotech so pretty extensive time with the vudu 1-6 ffp and the 1-8 sfp. i like the 1-6 a fair bit.. except the don't of death.

1-8 is sfp.. dead on arrival, dumb reticle.

being completely honest, as of 2020 i have buying fatigue. none of the above are really that great. the nx8 was probably the closest.. i added this part last. phones dying. will update later. basically tho it's a tight eyebox and narrow depth of field.

the razor 1-6 had two major knocks, first i didn't like the bdc reticle at all. i'm sure the mrad reticle would be fine. and it weighs about 5oz too much. the weight for me killed it. and at the time i made a couple hundred on the flip. wasn't sad to see it go. don't trust vortex for durability. thanks formidilosus.

the bushnell smrs 1-6.5 is the closest to what i want for weight, ability to hold zero and track and reticle that works on 1x. still have it. use it daily. killed a lot of critter with it. for what i got in it money wise it's fine.