I do have a rather accurate CZ 550 American in 6.5X55 SE, with rather nice figured wood, but as others have stated, CZ 550s are heavy. I believe the thick stock adds much to the weight and adversely affects balance. I may send it off to AHR one of these days. You don't often see 550 Americans for sale, unless they're Safari grade. I did just find a CZ550 American Factory Sniper (.308), but at over 8 lbs and a ridiculous $5,000.00 price tag, I'll be looking elsewhere.

I wonder how much weight could be saved on a FN SPR by switching out the stock for a lighter weight McMillan.

I'm not too interested in a M1A - I be a helluva lot more interested in an M1 Garand or an AR-10 for SHTF scenarios.

I also have a Ruger MKII, which certainly gets the job done, but I'm looking for something different for this rifle.

& thanks for the barrel contour info.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/26/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue