Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by gunner500

I have some tight spots to hunt with broken cover that will allow 15 to around 200 yard shots, it's going to be a humble respectful season using my old Friends rifle, not going to chronograph the load, dont care, don't think it'll matter, I do believe the 165gr Speers leaving the 22 inch barrel over 61gr IMR-4831 will knock holy hellfire out of whitetail deer.

This is awesome - hope you run into a good one with rifle in hand.

Thanks Skane, there's more, the old Man's son is still alive, i'll give him the powder and primers along with the 13 bullets I have left his Pappy gave me 30+ years ago, will advise him to load those in his Dads other '06 he still has, with that, i'll ask if we can hunt whitetails on his Dads parents place they homesteaded back in the early 1900's, I have a key to the gate, but want to hunt it with him, this has the makings of a very cool, but reverent and memorable hunt. smile

That’s damn cool Gunner. You’re a helluva fella, no matter what they say about ya!

LOL, I cant wait, need to dig that old 760 out of the back of the big safe and give her some fresh air and a good Lucas Extreme oil wipe down. cool

Trump Won!