Just fer schitz-n-giggles,..........

Among other 6.5's I've owned have been 6.5-284, 264 Win Mag, 6.5 Leopard (6.5-300 WSM) 6.5 Creed, 6.5 PRC (my current fav') and the 26 Nosler.

For a couple years, it was my go to fav, if I was going to be shooting 200 yds and more.

Killed any number of critters with it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nothing to write home about

but it sure did the job!

When I bought this Browning Hell's Canyon Speed, Long range, I also picked up 5 boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade factory ammo loaded with the 142 Gr., Long Range accubonds. I normally reload but in this instance the cost of dies, bullets and brass were more than the cost of the factory loads. To say the least, I've been pleased with their performance

Now granted most of the critters I perforate are under 300 lbs.

However, not one has taken a step after bullet impact. Each and every one has been Bang/Flop and DRT.

One particular hoglet that I shot just before dark-thirty down in south Texas was the most memorable.

He comes into the feeder and is in constant motion. I'm losing light fast and do not have a kill light on the scope. In the whole time I am watching him he does not present me with my favorite shot, being two inches below his ear on a line between the ear and shoulder. I finally decide to take a head on shot before I lose my light.

The LRAB catches him just behind the point of his withers. I'm in an elevated box blind so the bullet is on a downward angle trajectory. He drops at the shot, DRT. I jack another round into the chamber but he's done for. I wait a couple minutes and clamber out of the stand to go take a look-see. You've heard the expression "knocked his dick in the dirt. Well when I roll him over to see the exit, his pecker is laying in the dirt underneath his body. That LRAB went all the way through him and severed his pecker from his body, literally knocking his dick in the dirt.

TFF!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/27/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.