No joke - stepped away from archery from 1997 to 2008-09ish, lost all of my gear to theft and other life events.

Coming back in - yeah, things had changed.

My aluminum arrows that were dinged, rippled plastic fletch, re-straightened etc were my target arrows, and the "perfect" shafts were in the quiver - some of this was economics, and the cost of more arrows...

For me today - I'm still a hunter first, so my target arrows for the most part - are my "old" hunting arrows - and usually have more wear and tear than the hunting arrows I'm carrying in the quiver do, but they are the same shaft and fletch, so no real difference.

But with carbons, there's a lot less to worry about IMHO, the shaft is either good, or it's cracked and trashed, and I do shoot all of my arrows with a broadhead to make sure they fly true.

I absolutely number my arrows, as that one flier in the group - may not be me after all - I've chased a tune only to find out that the flier arrow was weighted wrong, something that slipped through QC.

I also have a Golden Eagle Falcon hanging in the rack - complete with 2117s...just to remind me how far we've come.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/28/21.