16bore - i left compound shooting 25yrs ago, and returned few years back as a longbow shooter. With alum arrows used to fret slight subtle bends, hence practice vs hunting arrows. But with carbon shafts, the suckers shoot (or don’t) but are so resilient, imo i can’t tell any difference between a fresh arrow and a year old arrow, given they are otherwise identical. Quite refreshing. It’s normal to skip a carbon arrow under a 3D target, glance off a rock, etc, and sucker shoots as good as new. Really amazing how that element has changed.

P.s. if a carbon arrow strikes something hard, it won’t hold a bend, but could, if severe enough, crack longitudinally if eber slightly. This could be bad at next launch, as could splinter into the bow hand. So, get in the habit of rapping the arrow against hand, leg, or bow after a strike listening for a rattling sound, indicating a crack. No rattle = carry on. Once you’ve heard it once, you’ll know what i mean. The other, more obvious, issue is hitting rock or say a steel cutout target, and splintering just the shaft tip behind the insert. But, that you should notice easily. In either case we’re talking strikes waaaaay beyond what an alum shaft would have withstood and remained straight.

Last edited by sandcritter; 01/29/21.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.