Originally Posted by 158XTP
very nice collection Bugger! Is that the rem788 in the 44 mag? If so they were great guns, accuracy all over a ruger 357 or 44/77

Yep, that's a 788. I'd like to try it out on White tail this fall. I didn't draw any licenses in SD this last year until the 3rd or 4th draw. (The lottery draw system South Dakota has really sucks.) I should move back to Montana or Wyoming. (I applied for Muzzle Loading, East River, West River, Black Hills - white tail and or Mule Deer. I applied for antelope, elk, sheep, goats - nothing except on the third or fourth draw I did get doe tags in the opposite corner of the state.)

I have a Marlin 44 and I think I'll do some testing / comparing the Marlin with the Remington when the weather gets a little better. I've had two Ruger 44's both semi-autos. They have their place, but no longer in my safe. Maybe if I lived in the woods again... I sort of need a 357 rifle, don't know which to get.

Last edited by Bugger; 01/29/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally