Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 158XTP
All I can say is gunner500 is not short of a dollar, nor taste. The guns in the first pic alone exceed my lifetime gun and ammo budget grin

Can I ask who the 577 and 500 double are by?

LOL, Thanks for the compliments 158XTP, the 577 is a Verney-Carron, 500 Nitro is an Alfred Schilling custom boxlock built on a Merkel action.

Already done a test of sorts with the 577, it has 26 inch barrels and regulates perfectly to the sights with the 750gr TSX at 2076 fps over H-4350 powder, I shot a 55 gallon steel drum filled with water lengthways at 25 yards, at the shot, the main banded lid blew, the threaded filler cap pulled it's threads and came dancing back to me on the right side, the drum split at the seam, a huge dog knot was knocked in the bottom of the drum, I cant explain the tremendous hydraulic/displacement effect, it simply has to be seen to be believed/understood.

I saw that action firsthand last October in Tanzania, after Leopard crawling 60 yards through the wet river sand, I stood and fired at a huge old Cape Buffalo dagga boy in a herd of six, holding my fire until the river reeds blew an opening to shoot through, at 16 yards, the 750gr TSX caught the ancient bull in the last rib on his left side as he stood on a hard quartering away angle, at the shot the bull fell stiff legged and began his death bellow, I quickly moved left and gave him a solid through both shoulders, the skinners handed me a perfectly expanded 750gr TSX from under the hide on the 'front' of the bulls right shoulder under the hide, it nearly made it out.

Very nice stuff gunner500. I had a 585 bolt action wildcat done in about 2000, its pictured in my 3rd post here. Not exactly the classiness of your gun but about identical effect to that you describe on water filled drums grin I never got to take mine on African DG , thanks for the hunt report on how yours did. Very good to know big=results.