Originally Posted by Reba
Fuel tank capacity of the Tundra is?

Maybe two different sizes?

26 Gal standard 38 Gal optional

Originally Posted by StudDuck
I'm looking hard at a Ford F-250, 6.2L, but having a rough time finding one in the right color/gear ratio/options that the wife and I can agree on. For the same amount of money, I can buy a Toyota Tundra.....it sure does check a lot of boxes, but if I buy one, I don't want to start drinking mocha lattes and wearing skinny jeans. eek

The only complaints I hear about are fuel mileage, seats and beds rusting underneath at the corner welds....nothing Fluid Film won't handle.

For you guys who are driving a Tundra, what are your thoughts?

From what I've seen, there are quite a few Tundra drivers on the 'fire.

I just sold my 2008 Tundra to get a 2021, since the V8 is going away in the 2022 model year. After 13 years that 2008 was the best truck I've ever owned. No rust anywhere, but we don't have salted roads here. Went through a starter and a water pump, other than that just maintenance. Still felt like it was new driving down the road, even after years of logging roads.

The Tundra is a great 1/2 ton truck, runs and drives great, and is an awesome vehicle for the sportsman IMO. They are dead nuts reliable, and hold their value like crazy. Driven reasonably you're looking at probably 13-14 mpg in the city and around 17 on the highway. Even though it is rated to tow 9-10K lbs, if you're going to regularly pull 7K+lbs, I'd look at a 3/4 or 1 ton. The payload is pretty wimpy too, at around 1400 lbs.

If you need the towing and payload of a 3/4 or 1 ton, the Tundra is not for you. Otherwise, they are hard to beat. If you wait for the redesigned 2022 Tundra, the V8 goes and in comes a twin turbo V6 with supposedly more towing and payload capacity.

Good luck in your search.

PS Skinny jeans and Mochas are optional!

Last edited by sigguy; 01/29/21.