Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 30338
Love my Tundra but must say the gas mileage bugs me. Lately, and it may be just the winter fuel mix I guess, my mileage has dropped to around 12-13 including highway. Looking at a Ford F250 7.3. Mileage will suck but dammit I'll have something I can pull a trailer with as needed with no issues.

Other than mpg, I've had quirky electronics in both Tundras I have owned. First one I sold at 160,000 mile or around there. Never repaired anything on it. This one is at 105,000 miles and looks and drives great. No issues other than on occasion the bluetooth weirds out for a while.

If I was to buy another Tundra I'd get the SR5 with no other packages. And immediately put in Bilstein 6112 shocks at highest setting, diff drop, new UCA up front, skid plate with oil change door, rear Bilstein 5160 shocks and a 1" coachbuilder shackles on the rear leafs. Their TRD offroad package sort of sucks.

I would give that 7.3 some time before buying.

I know of 1 of them and it was in the shop most of last year waiting on engine parts. Busted crank.

Too new and no parts available for repairs.

Good advice.

I believe they are having trouble with the transmissions as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ford is now manufacturing the transmission that's mated to the 7.3?

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.