Well most everything shown has not been a skinning knife...I have been on a quest for about 15 years to find the best skinning knife for deer. I have used most of them available from Randall made knives (Alaska Skinner and the Gary Ward model) to cheap knives. I have pretty much settled on the Buck 103 with the Randall a close second... main difference that I have found is the weight of the two and that is why the buck 103 ends up the most used. I did specifically buy a 103 in 5160 steel for ease of sharpening.... My friends laugh at me at deer camp because I have used so many knifes over the years and generally skin most peoples deer at camp... no telling how many I have skinned over the last 15 years or so... With this in mind, I am talking about a skinning knife not one for gutting as they are different blade designs.

For the whole process, I use a dedicated Gut hook to start off... and 90% of the time we never even gut the animal but leave the chest cavity whole.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth