Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by haverluk
I live and hunt in Price William County, VA. During the modern season we can use shotguns, muzzleloaders, or archery tackle. No rifles larger than .22 for hunting in the county. So while not designated as "shotgun only"; that is what the option is.

I bow hunt most all of the open season but my 20ga slug gun gets to hunt sometimes too...

They definitely don’t make it easy to understand. I’d be tickled with the straight wall cartridges myself.

It’s not real nice for the youth hunters either. A younger hunter doesn’t need to be subjected to a shotgun slugs recoil.

I am an avid handgun hunter as well. Another issue I have is the regs to not specifically authorize the use of handguns in the county. Some of the local wardens I have queried to me that it was not authorized The other local warden to me that if it was not forbidden in the regs than it was OK. Richmond said it was up to the local authorities. Less range and power than a muzzleloader or a slug gun... Should be good. I think straight walls should be included too.They give us a generous season but tie our hands with the tooling. I asked for both authorizations when the state website asked for input.

Semper Fi