This gold plated Dural receiver 16/16/8X57JR drilling was proofed 06/1924. The hinge pin is of course steel, as are the firing pin bushes. It's been well used and taken care of well, and it's rock-solid tight. I used it for several years as my principle deer rifle.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is my modern Kreighoff Trumpf Dural in 16/16/7X65R. It has the same exact configuration regarding steel hinge and bushes, and it shoots the more powerful 7X65R, a rough equivalent
of the 280 Rem. I use it a lot, and it had been used regularly by its previous owner. It's rock-solid tight.

This wonderful Sauer LUX Dural I sold to a good member here in a moment of temporary insanity was rock-solid tight when it left here. This is one I wish I had back. Its new owner scoffs at that idea. frown It's also a 16/16/7X65R.

This 16ga and 8X57JR Dural drilling I let go was a fast and nimble pre-war gun. It was rock-solid tight when it left here.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”