Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Well, you got me thinking. Shooting the 308 in HP at 600 and Palma matches,8,9, and 1k, wind was always a factor at the rifle ranges where I shot. Watching the flags helped, and when I got my zero, I tried to shoot the same conditions, not always possible in the alloted time frame. Knew of SD, but never really corrected for it.
But, a few weeks ago I took the 7 Rem Mag to a local power line, I can get almost 1900 yrds out of it, for something to do. Had 180 grn. Hybrid Target bullets at 3020 loaded. Set a milk jug at 1k. Conditions were damned near perfect, overcast, very lite wind that looked and felt like it was at 12 O`clock. Ran in my elevation, no wind correction. First shot was just high, but right..with this rifle I can spot my impacts at that distance..corrected with the reticule, 2nd was just left, third was a hit. I`d thought I`d missed wind call my 1st shot, thinking about it now, I believe I missed SD.
Thanks for the explanation.

You sure? I mentioned above to bring up Coriolis Effect. Good read if you care to.

Long Range Shooting: External Ballistics – The Coriolis Effect

Swifty