Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Stored as hydrogen, shipped like LNG, then combusted to generate power, and produce..........................................

water.

What a novel idea.

Given the cost of off shore wind, the efficiency penalty of generating hydrogen through electrolysis and the efficiency loss converting hydrogen to work..... I'm rather skeptical on that prospect. But it might be the only way to fly planes other than bio-kerosene. And even there I think is a mighty big stretch given the fuel container weight and energy density penalties.

Fuel cells seem much more probably in transportation fuel, but looking at it from an economic viewpoint, I doubt off shore wind will be the way hydrogen will be produced. Just too darn expensive. Equatorial solar is about a quarter of the cost, and those costs are still dropping fast.

But, are the Danes hoping to go for an "economy of scale" type of thing? And it would seem they are going for control of their power needs, self reliance and all that. Perhaps worth some extra cost?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?