Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Pappy348
So, how many would it take to power say, Kalifornica? 2000?

With the Dem plans to eliminate fossil fuels, they better start saving their pennies. On the other hand, if the real plan is as I suspect to just tax our asses off to re-distribute wealth to the third world and Al Gore, they can just buy a couple for show.

Someone will have to do the math, but the Danes are planning to build an island to support their off shore wind farms, with the goal of powering the entire country:

https://awaken.com/2021/02/denmark-...r-wind-farms-to-power-the-whole-country/

"Denmark To Build Artificial Island For Wind Farms To Power The Whole Country

AFP reports that Denmark’s parliament has just committed to building an artificial island off its shores that will be home to hundreds of huge wind turbines…

It is the largest construction project in Denmark’s history, and will be as big as 80 football fields. It will be protected on three sides by an enormous sea wall and will have a harbor to receive ships. Some of the wind energy will be stored as hydrogen, which can be liquefied and shipped like liquefied natural gas (LNG).

The immediate goal is to generate 3 gigawatts, which would power half of Denmark’s buildings (its population is 6 million). The project could be scaled up to 10 gigawatts, which would provide electricity to all of Denmark and would allow 4 gigs to be exported to neighbors such as Germany. The project will begin in 2026 and will be finished between 2030 and 2033."

Building an island won't make much of a carbon footprint, I'm sure.

You should apply for a grant to study the matter......

I suppose burning 20 years worth of fossil fuels to build a 'green island' makes sense to some.

FJB & FJT