Phoneman, I got very lucky with my new Guide Gun and my initial load development.

This is my information using my cast 430 grain WFN bullets (Accurate Molds)...... cast from wheel -weights, quenched at casting, powder coated, gas checked, sized to 0.459”, using Starline Nickel plated cases, 42.0 grains of RL 7 powder, CCI Standard primers.

This was the first load built for the rifle....virtually zero load development. The first ten cartridges were loaded from some internet information.....just to give me a starting point, check for proper feeding, and observe pressure indications. The first 5 rounds were shot @ 50 yards.....primarily used as a test, and to get on paper.

The group pictured below was rounds #6 through #10, fired about 1 to 2 minutes between shots.....the 4 shot group is just a fraction over 1” (the first of the five shots was used for a scope adjustment), fired @ 100 yards, giving 1789 fps average velocity. Group was obtained using a 4 power scope....higher magnification “may” have improved the group a little!

For my intended purposes, I didn’t pursue anymore load development! I was pretty darn happy with my accidental results! 😁 memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by memtb; 02/12/21.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024