Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

I almost never buy any wine other than Cabs. But I like the Franzia Dark Red Blend a bit better than the Franzia Cab. Have you tried it?

Dark Red Blend

Yes, and their Chillable Red and Merlot. I'm a occasional wine drinker and prefer a good Cab especially with steak or burger. Sometimes a Merlot too.

Have a good friend who belongs to a wine club and he's been pretty generous with some imported reds from France and Italy.

I sampled both the Franzia Cab and their DRB again side-by-side last night, and, while the Cab is good, the DRB definitely is richer and heavier on flavor, which is what I like.

One cool thing about the boxed wine is that you can open up several at a time and, since they don't go bad for many weeks, you don't have to finish one bottle before switching around to others as desired.

For bottled wine, I always go for a Rodney Strong Cab if I can find it. I actually like their appx. $14 Cab better than their $30 Cab and, I think better than any other wine I can get at any price.

No white wine for me, unless there's literally nothing else to drink. My former firm started serving white wine only for a bit at their events and happy hours to spare all of the carpet stains. I told the managing partner just to get red carpet installed and move back to sanity.

If you're paying $30.00 for a Cab, there's a good chance it's not ready to be opened yet, and needs to lay for a few years so the tannins can mellow and provide a better drinking experience.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell