Originally Posted by add
Man, they are really slobbering over him in the OP image.

Dad did as well and served under him.

Most anybody in that era would.

Patton was an incredible figure and has become even more incredible with the benefits of hind sight. He competed in the Olympics in 1912 in the Pentathlon and made the cut again four years later. He was not simply making the team either. He was very competitive with top five finishes. He rode with Pershing and killed some of Pancho Villa's lieutentant's. Received a Purple Heart in WWI and was generally viewed as a person that was not to be fugked with. His vision of armor was way ahead of its time and undeniable by the time WWII came around.

History has shown that he was even more amazing than people realized at the time. He had dyslexia and didn't even know it, yet still graduated and competed at some of the most prestigious institutions available. He was also an avid sportsman, and athlete and had sustained multiple head injuries playing sports like polo. It is suspected this could have contributed to his impulsive and violent nature later in life.

I've read most everything I could about his alleged murder and found that there just really isn't anything there. It's an OK story, but if you dig real deep it's a bit of a stretch. He was in good shape at the time of the accident but his body had sustained a lot of trauma and mileage by that time.

His father's methodology for raising him is fascinating. Cus D'Amato did similar with his prospects. Particularly Mike Tyson. The idea of reincarnation sort of went along with it.

One of our all time greatest Americans.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house