Yes, it was. I had it as #1 on my "Dream Sheet" for my next assignment after being a FAC. Alas, I fell into the gap during which they were phasing out the A-7 and the A-10 had not yet been born. As a FAC, I was also an "asterisk" fighter pilot: although I had been to Ground Attack School and carried the full 1111 AFSC as a fighter pilot, the honchos above did not consider us to be one.

Explanation: During 'Nam, the US Army said that any FAC who was to work supporting our ground forces had to be a qualified fighter pilot so he fully understood the limitations of close air support. Except that every available fighter pilot was actually flying as a fighter pilot. So USAF came up with an "Instant FP program" to produce guys who met that Army dictate, but who had never been (and never would be) members of the elite FP club. I was one of those.

It was stupid on the AF's part. They'd take brand new guys right out of basic flight school and make them FPs, but not a combat veteran FAC? A pilot who knew more about ground attack than ANYbody? Believe me, a lot of us were bitter about that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.