When my dad was stationed on Okinawa and spending most of his time at Cam Ranh Bay in Viet Nam I was either in Naha or Kadena AFB housing. the school I went to face the ocean and the recess yard was actually part of the beach. I saw a lot of F102's testing early air to air missiles and F4's trying to shoot target drags that looked like big wind flags with the add on 20 millimeter cannon pods. The missiles were junk in general in the mid 60's. The target drones they had back then were jet powered orange drones and so many of them survived the missile testing it was truly funny, they got a lot of miles out of them. They kept boats of various sizes to recover the spent missiles and any drones still floating out in the ocean from the school. One time an F4 cannon pod malfunctioned and the plane flew over the school while ejecting 20 millimeter cannon shells. I found three and took them home but my Dad turned me in and I had to give em back to the MP's when they came by. But at the time I thought the F102's were the coolest of them all. We had 104's and 105's on the base also.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]