Originally Posted by Old Ornery
I’ve read somewhere that the early Browning o/u’s were blocky and not very ergonomic, but they improved over time.

I'll have to agree that early Citoris were 'blocky'. Not having handled one in some time, that was a major concern before I ordered the new Citori Hunter. Had hoped to handle one at SHOT, but that didn't happen. Spoke at length with a couple of Browning factory reps before I ordered and expressed this concern. I was told multiple times that the Hunter is not like the "old Citoriis". I was told to expect a stock with a feel very much like the 725 Field but w/o a palm swell, or a Lightning w/o the round knob. I was told to expect a forend very similar to the 725 Field (sans Schnobel) or the current White Lightning. The reps were very confident in their assessment and description, which lead me to order the Citoir Hunter Grade I, 16ga. We'll see if everything plays out when I get it in my hands later this year (shipping 3qtr).

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.