Smorgasbord. You get to build your knife to suit you. Choose your blade steel from several options, coated or not, serrated or not. Handle materials and colors, liner and screw colors, clip choices, ect. I have used the Buck Custom Shop for a half dozen 110's and now the Benchmade Custom Shop and the knives that come from the CS are not only exactly your own choices but the fit and finish is superb, the locks and actions perfectly timed with zero play, ect. You pay more because the knife starts at MSRP price and some of those choices have extra cost over standard factory offerings. As an example, upgrading blade steel will cost extra. At the Buck CS an upgrade of blade steel from the factory 420 HC to S30V or 20CV is a worthwhile investment in my opinion. At Benchmade I didn't upgrade from S30V to 20CV or M4 because it is a $60 uptick in price and for an EDC that will not be required to do any heavy duty chores it wasn't worth it to me. The Benchmade S30V will do a great job for the cutting these knives will do. Delivery within a couple weeks time from the order. Choices are fun!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.