This is how I picked my caliber. I started reloading in 1978 for the Ruger M77 270 Win. Did the best I could for the best accuracy. Then I traded for a different caliber and did the same thing and so on with other calibers. I did plenty of shooting and reloading. Then I started reloading for the 358 Win and the rest is history. This is the only caliber I settled on. I have a Rem 600 Gloss Blue, Rem 700 Gloss Blue and a Rem Model 7 stainless all in 358 Win. I don't need any other caliber for deer, moose or black bear. I do have other calibers such as a 700 222 Rem Mag for coyote and several 223's both bolt and AR's. I also have a Ruger Mini 30 which I used in up-state NY for deer in an apple orchard. I've shot plenty of deer with other calibers. Some calibers that I reloaded for are : 30/06, 35Whelen, 35Rem, 30/30, 243, 7mm08, 444, 45/70 and there are a few more. Just to let you know that some of these calibers were tack drivers. But for some reason I just fell in love with the 358 Win and I like the bolt action.

Ken