Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nice looking rifles guys. I can look at model 70 rifles all day long. I recently bought a classic, but its stainless:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I also pulled the big Zeiss off and threw a slimmer Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex on it. Its lighter and smaller than the zeiss pictured above. I just haven't taken a new picture of the rifle yet...

That pre64 I got off you I put talleys on it with a leupold.. it did not look right at all.. so I bought leupold bases and new Burris ff2 yesterday and it looks a lot better. The weather needs to warm up I need to go shoot it.

Ha ha. Yeah, I came to that conclusion a long time ago. The pre 64's look so much better with Leupold dual dovetails, or even weaver bases and burris Zee rings. S&K's and conetrols look nice too, if you have the money to spend on them. I like keeping it simple with DD's for the most part on my pre 64's. Those are a no can do for my H&H receivers though. Those all get this set-up to look right, as I hate crap hanging off the bridge and into the ejection/loading port:

Winchester thought the H&H cartridges needed slightly more room for loading and ejecting for a reason. They wouldn't have cut out those areas in the receiver if they didn't thin they needed them...
Those are weaver steel bases with steel Burris rings.. The work quite handily on my H&H rifles..^^ Yet they are still fairly trim..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA