My family was/is in the furniture biz. Since you want a reclining sofa, La-Z-Boy is a good mechanism, probably the best and I sold them for years. I am out of the biz now but my brother is still in it. When looking at coverings from La-Z-Boy get at least a "D" grade and up. "A" grade is the cheapest and are used on promotional pieces. Google leathers for furniture to learn what you want. Flexsteel has arched steel bands as the spring units while La-z-Boy uses a zig-zag wire arched as their spring unit. Both hold up well with Flexsteel having the edge on this point in my opinion. Velvets typically wear very well, so does chenille. Nylon is tough but can accept stains because it is a porous yarn vs olefin which is a non-porous fiber. I don't know if they still offer after market stain protection but it really works.

Leather match is where the sitting surfaces are real leather and the sides and backs are vinyl. This is done to lower costs and price to consumers. The vinyl will eventually discolor and the matching aspect will suffer.

There are lots of players in the motion furniture category, with most being imports with poor quality foams and mechanisms. So if you want it to last, beware.

A non reclining sofa of good quality would have a hardwood frame, 8 way hand tied coil springs, high quality foam or coil wrapped in foam cushion core that is wrapped again to keep the fabric stable on the cushion. The front of the sofas edge should be a spring edge so it gives when you are sitting and not a rigid board. Legs should be integral and not screw on. Look for pattern matched cushion fabric application that matches the back ( stripes line up). Sit in it to see what is comfortable to you because some sofas are deeper sitting vs shallow sitting for shorter folks.

Most sofas look good to start but it will soon become obvious as the springs sag, the cushions dish out, the fabric get ragged the legs snap off.

Armed with this knowledge, you can ask questions and figure out if the salesperson know their stuff or not and be able to compare apples to apples.

I cannot give you a price range because I have been away from the industry, and I am shocked at wait times now a days.

Good luck.