Originally Posted by Remsen
Last August, I had an incident in Oakland where someone pulled a gun on me and tried to run me off the road for having a Trump bumper sticker (see here for the original post with details).

I spoke with the California Highway Patrol as well as the Oakland police after the incident. The Oakland cops said they didn't have jurisdiction since it happened on the freeway, and the CHP refused to follow up on my report.

This is what the Police Chief means when he said he wants good witnesses: If the left wing mob attacks someone, witness it all you want, but the cops aren't going to do a thing, even if guns come out.

If I'm ever attacked in Oakland again (and it's likely to happen, as I have to go there about once a month), I know what will have to happen, and contacting the police will not be part of my plan.

My Dad and I both had a similar situation.
His was on the way to Pittsburgh on 79.
LOL!!! My Dad lost it and pulled out his pipe when that guy tried to kill him in road rage. I had to talk him down because he wasn't going to let it go .

Mine were car loads of young punks that wanted to force me over a cliff on a twisty mountain narrow.
A few other times now to think of it. Wow, life has been an episode of Starsky and Hutch. Lol!
Glad you didn't have trouble with the chief indian, Underarmstrong, for the bumper sticker or driving too slow or something.