Originally Posted by Dstrnad
Looking for some input on teaching my kids to shoot guns and bows. They are left handed but both right eye dominant. They tend to pickup and hold right handed, but that maybe because that is how they see me doing it. Any input from the lefties would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dave

Describe what you mean by "they are left handed". Do they write with their left hands or pick up a spoon or fork with their left hand? Those activities don't have much to do with eye dominance.

Just curious,but do you ask them when they pick up the rifle why are they putting it up to the right shoulder? If it's not because they see you do it then what would be the reason? Do they just naturally move it to the dominant eye side?

When I was assisting young boy scouts using BB guns, the first item of business was for them to identify their dominant eye. IIRC there were very few left handers from that standpoint. Of course there were no left or right BB guns. The same might hold true for rifle stocks without cheekpieces or other decoration.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.