Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Dstrnad
Looking for some input on teaching my kids to shoot guns and bows. They are left handed but both right eye dominant. They tend to pickup and hold right handed, but that maybe because that is how they see me doing it. Any input from the lefties would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dave

You are on the wrong forum. They should be shooting right handed guns. Right eye dominant= shoot right handed. Left eye dominant= shoot left handed...

Works for me. Also if left eye dominant use a left handed rifle if available otherwise make do with what you have.

I agree. In todays market, there are many more choices out there than maybe when we were kids. I was handed a sporter m1917 30-06 when I was 12 years old (actually a Christmas present when I was 11, but that was 2 months before my 12th birthday). I continue to love my right handed bolt rifles, but I grew up with them and shot them a lot. You might say I'm a little proficient with such tools. But that only comes with tons of practice. If a guy is not proficient, he needs more practice. A young shooter these days, has no reason not to start off on the right equipment. Dad, if he can afford it, should spend the little extra and buy the left hand option. I have no regrets, using a right handed bolt action rifle, but I've been lucky and have never experienced any major unsafe rifle failure and I always use safety glasses when shooting. Now if we are talking shotguns, I only use left hand eject shotguns. My favorite is my left hand wingmaster. Going back to bolt action rifles, when used from a supported position, there is no right handed shooter that is going to keep up with a good lefty using a right hand bolt. There are pros and cons, like with everything in life.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA