The two earliest memories that I can come up with are related to death. Can't say which incident came first, but I remember being at my Grandmothers house, my Mothers, Mother, and when when we were getting out of the car, Her Sisters coming out and meeting us, crying. I could not understand why they were crying. I can't remember that Grandmother at all. The other was at my Dad's Mother and I remember my Mother lifting me up to see a woman in a casket. I know that I was around that woman before She died, but I do not remember Her. She was my Grandmothers sister, and lived with them for a while before She died. Those memories do not bother me, nor do other memories of seeing people in caskets. When I am dead, they can do whatever the family wants, as I will be gone. That said, I already have a plot in the Cemetery where all of my Fathers folks have been buried since the civil war ended and they moved Here from Mississippi. I now oversee that cemetery, and mark where the graves are dug, and am there when the Man digs the grave. I really don't want tot be cremated, but if that is what my family wants after I am dead, so be it. Cremations are way cheaper, and lots of people are going to that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.