SW Oregon is loaded with them... particularly Josephine and Curry Counties....

I've seen some pretty darn big ones out in the backwoods....they will usually take off....

have been in an area with them and have seen their tracks that followed me in the snow... from my vehicle and then back to it...but never saw or smelled them...

evidently they respond well to turkey calls if hunting them....

as far as size and strength of a cougar.... I spent several nights with a friend on someone's farm, who had a cougar killing animals on the farm at night and dragging them away to eat later..... we found a 400 pound llama 40 to 50 feet up a tree, dead.... two nights later, another group shot the cougar, that was hassling the farm... it weighed 110 lbs....and Fish and Game said it was probably the one that drug that 400 pound llama 40 feet or more up a tree....

as the old commercial from the 70s said... It's not nice to fool mother nature....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez