Originally Posted by Seafire

as far as size and strength of a cougar.... I spent several nights with a friend on someone's farm, who had a cougar killing animals on the farm at night and dragging them away to eat later..... we found a 400 pound llama 40 to 50 feet up a tree, dead.... two nights later, another group shot the cougar, that was hassling the farm... it weighed 110 lbs....and Fish and Game said it was probably the one that drug that 400 pound llama 40 feet or more up a tree....

as the old commercial from the 70s said... It's not nice to fool mother nature....

In the 80’s I could afford to “semi retire” during the winter and worked on cougar study on the Uncompahgre Plateau. One of our collared females—at 126 lbs the heaviest female on the study—climbed a 8 ft chain link fence, killed a full grown “prize” lama stud, dragged it back over the fence and stashed it about 6 ft up in a pinion tree. Boggled my mind......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.