Over here is a place called Wildlife Images, that rehab disabled and wounded animals...

they have 4 or so cougars over there.. the biggest weighs 180 lbs...

Our scout troop has done volunteer work over there in the past...

saw a cougar pass leisurely in front of my car once that was only 20 yards or so if front of me...

it was a huge cougar....went over to Wildlife Images the following Monday, and asked to go look at the cougars,
which they said fine... recognizing me from being with Scouts..

I looked at the 180 lb cat.... the one that crossed in front of me that Saturday, was MUCH larger...

There are some big cats out there.....

10 to 15 years ago, IIRC... Oregon F&W was saying there were 2500 to 3000 cougars in Josephine County, which is around the size of Rhode Island with a population
of just short of 100,000 people.....

but the same crowd said there were no wolves in Josephine County, and the same year I saw 7 or 8 of them in various locales....

so who knows, consider the state is ran by democRATS.. good chance they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez