Originally Posted by flintlocke
My post had a serious error...I meant to say 200 yards...from my days helping to host NRA Sporting Rifle High Power. These events brought out an above average bunch of shooters, but in 8 or 9 seasons, I don't ever recall anybody ever shooting a perfect score in offhand. IIRC, about a 3 1/2" ten ring and a 13 inch aiming black. I include myself in the criticism of lack of skill in real life shooting positions. The whole point being, it's not the bullet, the group measured in 3 decimal places fired from the bench, the latest and greatest in optics, the last tenth of a grain of wonder powder...in real world hunting, it's the man. Not that I don't appreciate the revolutionary advances in our sport, I do, but in traditional hunting rather than wildlife sniping, it all comes back to the man.

That certainly would make it more difficult.....regrettably, now I probably fall into the couldn’t hit that 9” plate consecutively @ 200! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 02/28/21.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024