Originally Posted by flintlocke
My post had a serious error...I meant to say 200 yards...from my days helping to host NRA Sporting Rifle High Power. These events brought out an above average bunch of shooters, but in 8 or 9 seasons, I don't ever recall anybody ever shooting a perfect score in offhand. IIRC, about a 3 1/2" ten ring and a 13 inch aiming black. I include myself in the criticism of lack of skill in real life shooting positions. The whole point being, it's not the bullet, the group measured in 3 decimal places fired from the bench, the latest and greatest in optics, the last tenth of a grain of wonder powder...in real world hunting, it's the man. Not that I don't appreciate the revolutionary advances in our sport, I do, but in traditional hunting rather than wildlife sniping, it all comes back to the man.

I thought that Sporting Rifle High Power would be fun, but haven't been able to generate enough interest around here for it. BTW, it uses an SR target with a 4" X ring, 7" ten ring, and 13" nine ring and aiming black.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.