Originally Posted by pak
#1) Wait for a clear calm day and go to Talkeetna. Take a flight around Denali. Option: land on Ruth Glacier #2: take the Devils canyon tour, by boat, from Talkeetna. 3) Drive the haul road to Deadhorse 4) drive the Denali hwy from Cantwell to Paxson 5) drive to Seward 6) on your way home drive the Top if the World hwy, take the ferry accross the Yukon to Dawson. These are all road system trips. This will get your listed started. Ak is a great big spectacular place. Enjoy

Certain times and years I run up almost to the devils canyon every day sometimes twice to fish, Doing that tour is well worth it and our neighbors Mahays do a great job!
Landing on the glacier is not an option but a requirement, but I like it the earlier the better personally.
Talkeetna is a little tourist trap town but folks seem to enjoy it. Home base for me for 3 months of the year.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....