Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Gus

there is no getting ready. well maybe a few weeks of food and water. and warm clothes. and some medicine.

I have 10,000 oysters in the water... unlimited fishing and crabbing from the beach. A well-established barter system for quail, rabbits, eggs and chickens... and the ability to start up my own anytime I choose. We also have a stockpile of seed huge Garden area... as well as fruit trees and bushes.

I will also procure several pallets of sweet feed as an imminent collapse occurs. Groceries on the hoof do not need to be refrigerated.

Some people call that prepping... I call it living.

Hell... that is how America was founded in the first place.

Self-sufficient versus government dependent.

you indeed will be among the fortunate ones in a collapse. might even hire mercenaries to help you protect your stash just for food & shelter.

if an empire doesn't continue to grow to allow the pie to increase in size so that everyone can get more, then some will be unhappy about Not getting more.

that's about where we are at this point in time. trees and everything else continues to grow or falls into decline. we're trying to not fall any further into decline.