Yes, if mine broke today I'd have another tomorrow. Weve actually been using them since the mid 1990s before they became cool. They went through a price change in the late 2000s. The komodo joe though sure looks nice, better hardware for sure and about the same money.

Once you figure out how to get the temp right you are over the learning curve. I just keep a 5 gallon bucket under the cleanout, cleanout the small loose stuff, throw a little newspaper in and top off with charcoal. I let it get up to the temp I want, adjust the vents to hold for a few minutes and you are ready to go. Now if searing a steak, just open every thing up and you'll be ready in no time.

If you are cooking for a family, go ahead and get the xl. It wasn't available when I got mine years ago.

Plate setter is a must.

Dont' go cheap with the charcoal. BGE, although I heard covid has affected their charcoal output is good stuff....I'm really liking the Fogo thats out now too. The cheap cowboy and stuff from lowes, real sooty and small pieces, avoid.

Last edited by killerv; 03/02/21.