Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I run mostly ATF in my diesel fuel to boost cetane. I also use Marvel Mystery Oil as a fuel additive alternately.

I've been told that ATF can screw up injectors in diesel and gasoline engines. For 16 years I've been using a mixture of Power Service (to increase the cetane/clean injectors) and TWC3 2 cycle oil (to lubricate the injector pump and injectors). Every time I fill up I add 7/10 of an ounce of the mixture for every gallon of diesel. I used a MMO/Power Service mix for about a year until I found out that 2 cycle oil is a much better lubricant than MMO. MMO is almost all mineral oil with just a few other additives, it does smell good though..

Bad for common rail diesels, and really bad for DPF and SCR.

300,000+ miles on my 99 7.3L Powerstroke, all of them with light to moderate towing, & the motor still has all of its original internal parts. It runs better now than it did when I drove it off the lot. I have been driving tractor trailers as well as my own personal diesel truck since 1987, which is where I began using ATF in the tank. Have never experienced a single malfunction or concern, ever. Fuel mileage suffers without it given this water they call diesel these days. Noticeable upgrade with it.

I'm aware of it's use in vehicles of that vintage. Happy for you.

I did the same in my '93 F250 diesel. After talking to a trucking fleet mechanic, on his suggestion, I switched to adding 2 stroke oil for lubricity. Its designed for lube, designed to burn. Better than ATF, IMO.

But, I wouldn't use it in my '11 F250 w/ DPF. It would foul that.

Seems doable in a deleted truck as daveinjax posted.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender