Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
A lot of people like them.. Obviously. The reason they sell for high prices. Are you just complaining because people don't view them the same way you do? Also to say they are selling for more than pre 64's is funny. I'm kind of liking the fact they are bringing good money though, as I buy such items for low and sell high... The perfect example:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Bought complete rifle, as you see it for $500.00 locally last year. Sold silver leupold for $325.00. Think the rifle by itself is worth $175.00? Yes, I recently saw just a boat paddle stock sell for $379.00 on ebay. Makes you think.. I might be selling the stock here shortly... Oh, yeah, I sold a pre 64 stock on ebay a few weeks ago and it didn't last 9 hours before someone hit the buy it now button. That one sold for $425.00, so no boat paddle stocks aren't selling for more than pre 64 stocks.. Close, but not quite..

Good snag.

By the time you sell that $300 boat paddle, you'll have negative value in the barreled action. So, if I bought it, you'd have to pay me.... blush

I love stories like that...

Good work.

DF